Designed to maximise the performance of high performance audio systems, Ascent Ultra uses separate send and return conductors together with a woven copper/Mylar™ screen maximising resistance to RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) which can raise noise levels in a poorly shielded cable, resulting in a loss of low level detail.
Two separate high purity OCC (Ohno Continuous Casting) copper conductors with a high-efficiency/low impedance PEF dielectric are wired in a pseudo-balanced fashion again with the objective of reducing noise. Ascent is fitted with Altas’s low-mass wide-bandwidth Ultra RCA connectors.
- Ultra RCA Connector – Ultra is a wide-band, OCC copper, constant impedance, self-cleaning, solder-free construction RCA plug.
- OCC Copper Conductor – The Ohno Continuous Casting process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- PEF (Foamed Polyethylene) Dielectric – The foaming process uses a blowing agent, of which there are two types. Atlas use the gas-foamed method which creates a more inert, consistent and higher quality product.
- Twin Multi-Core Construction – A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen.
- Grun Coherent Earthing System – An independent system earth which eliminates low-level RFI, EMI and noise on the signal ground.