iFi DC iPurifier2
Your everyday Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)are very noisy. They were never really intended for audio use. The DC iPurifier2, just like its predecessor, combats unwanted noise coming from SMPS to ensure the pure sound of your audio wins through.
Simply place the DC iPurifier2 between the SMPS and the device you want to use. Your device could be anything from a DAC (digital-to-analogue converter) to a DAW (digital audio workstation). The DC iPurifier2 will halt unnecessary noise in its tracks. Take a look at our Noisebusting Tech Note here.
Super effective. Super cool.
It’s an ultra-wide band design that is effective from 1Hz all the way up to 5GHz. Its strongest performance is in the audible range of 20Hz to 20KHz. The DC iPurifier2 handles five volts right through to 24, and comes with a variety of adapter sizes making it compatible with all power supplies – 5.5 x 2.1mm, 5 x 2.5mm, and 3.5 x 1.35mm.
So, what’s new?
The DC iPurifier2 uses iFi’s optimised Active Noise Cancelation2 technology based on the ingenious Thales Spectra military radar defence technology used in jet fighters. In the immortal words of Maverick from Top Gun, “Maverick going supersonic. Be there in 30 seconds!”
The devil is in the detail
- Only top notch components are used in our tech. The details speak for themselves. Adding the DC iPurifier2 into your system will not only reduce background noise, it will bring out more definition, detail and warmth in your music. ‘The Danger Zone’ by Kenny Loggins will never have sounded so clear.
- One small device, many, many applications – noise reduction for 5v -24v SMPS. Just add between the SMPS and the device, for example, a router, DAC, set-top box, media streamer, laptop or desk mixer. Noise will be reduced by a factor of 316x to 100,000x.
- This device has a built-in reverse polarity warning. The red protection LED will be lit if the input polarity is reversed. You can be sure your system is safe!
- It is a ground-up, ultra-wide bandwidth design. It is effective from 1Hz all the way up to 5GHz.. Crucially the strongest performance is in the audible range of 20Hz to 20KHz.
- A plethora of top-notch components – high-precision MELF resistors, Panasonic SP-Cap polymer aluminium capacitors, custom operational amps plus copper-alloy shielding.
- This excellent copper-alloy EMI shielding isolates devices and cables to block radio frequency electromagnetic radiation.
- Vishay MELF resistors – complex, costly but superior. These metal electrode leadless face resistors have excellent accuracy, stability, reliability, and pulse load capability. They provide optimal power rating and pulse load capability. They show some of the lowest noise and distortion of any resistor available in the market, period.
- The unit comes with different types of DC barrel connectors. It works with 5.5 x 2.1mm but also ships with adapters for 5.5 × 2.5mm and 3.5 × 1.35mm.
- Based on military tech, our improved Active Noise Cancellation II® actively cancels all incoming noise. It does this in a similar way to active noise-cancelling headphones – it generates a signal identical to that of the incoming electrical noise but in the opposite phase, actively cancelling it out. This is highly effective at removing low- and mid-frequency noise, while passive insulating filters deal with higher frequency interference. This combination is measurably more effective at eradicating noise corrupting the USB signal than devices relying solely on passive filtering.