KANN cleverly incorporates a high-performance amplifier into a player for a perfect merger of two independent devices. Supporting the output of 7 Vrms when connected via high-gain balanced output, the KANN not only drives high-impedance headphones without an additional amplifier, but also reliably reproduces high-quality sound with low-impedance speakers.
The first Astell & Kern product to be equipped with a line-out circuit designed to set the output values in 4 levels, depending on the user’s listening preference. This feature is a significant step up from previous products which did not provide output/volume control. With the selectable output function, you can fine-tune your sound to suit a home system, car audio or any other listening environment.
- Single AKM AK4490 DAC
- Native DSD playback up to DSD256 (11.2mHz)
- PCM audio playback up to 32bit/382kHz
- Built-in amp with normal/high gain switch: drive the most demanding headphones with ease!
- Lowest output impedance of any our portable high-res audio players: Single-ended 3.5mm: 0.65Ω / Balanced out 2.5mm: 1.3Ω
- USB Type-C support (charging & data transfer)
- Micro USB for USB audio out & USB DAC
- Dedicated Line Out (2.5mm balanced & 3.5mm single-ended)
- 64GB internal flash memory
- Micro SD card support up to 256GB
- Full size SD card support up to 512GB
- aptX HD Bluetooth codec support
- 4″ WVGA 800 x 480 LCD touch screen
- Long battery life: 6,200mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery (up to 15 hours)