Focal Clear MG Headphones
- Low impedance. easy to drive, open back headphones.
- Supplied with both single ended and 4-Pin XLR cable.
- Wide soundstage and pin point imaging.
- Comfortable and ergonomic design for prolonged listening session.
- Made in France.
|Driver type||Dynamic driver|
|Frequency response||5Hz – 28kHz|
|Sensitivity||104dB SPL / 1 mW @ 1kHz|
|Openback / Closedback||Openback|
|THD||0.25% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL|
|What's in the box||Carrying case | 2 low resistivity 24 AWG OFC copper cables: 1 x 3.9ft (1.2m) mini-jack cable with 1/4” (6.35mm) jack adapter & 1 x 9.8ft (3m) 4-pin XLR cable|
Focal Clear MG open-back headphones, listening pleasure for the home
Made in France, the new headphones boast upgraded performance thanks to new magnesium dome drivers. After more than three years of research and development, the engineers at Focal chose this new alloy which – combined with the dome’s M shape – gives the headphones even greater lightness, rigidity and damping, the three success factors for any speaker/headphone driver.
The light and flexible surround also provides better dynamics and greater bass impact. The sound reproduction is even finer, with even greater precision and impact, creating a strikingly realistic sound.
The new grille has a honeycomb M-shaped design that more closely follows the curves of the driver. The more open design allows for a wider soundstage, while the reduced space between the driver and grille enables even more precise high-frequency reproduction.
The Focal Clear Mg headphones stand out with their Chestnut and Mixed-Metal finish and their fine materials (leather, aluminium, microfibre), the headphones are extremely elegant. The new honeycomb grille on the earcups is a design highlight: not only does it increase the perceived value of the headphones; the more open structure contributes to the upgraded sonic performance. Finally, their perforated microfibre earpads offer enhanced opening and comfort.
Acoustics are also exceptional: the full-range drivers with M-shaped magnesium dome provide even more dynamic sound rendering, particularly in the low frequencies, and more detail across the full spectrum. Meanwhile, we have preserved the neutral sound signature that was so popular in the Clear.
- Type Circum-aural open-back headphones.
- Impedance 55 Ohms Sensitivity 104dB SPL / 1 mW @ 1kHz THD 0.25% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL.
- Frequency response 5Hz – 28kHz.
- Speaker driver 15/8 (40mm) ‘M’-shaped magnesium dome.
- Weight 0.99lbs (450g).
- Cables supplied • 1 x 3.9ft (1.2m) mini-jack cable with 1/4 (6.35mm) jack adapter • 1 x 9.8ft (3m) 4-pin XLR cable • 1 jack adapter, 1 1/8 (3.5mm) female – 1/4 (6.35mm) male.
- Carrying case provided 97/8×91/2×43/4 (250x240x120mm).
- Open-back headphones for professional use.
- Remarkable tonal balance across the full spectrum.
- Bass articulation down to the lowest frequencies.
- Exceptional dynamics and impact.
- Wide spatialisation and highly precise soundstage.
- Comfortable and ergonomic.
- 2 cables supplied to suit all uses (mixing console, audio interface, laptop).
- Rigid carrying case supplied, including a space for storing an Ilock key (not supplied).
- High-fidelity open-back headphones for consumer use, made in France.
- New dome material: Magnesium, for lightness and damping.
- Remarkable sound performance: perfect dynamics, detail and balance.
- Comfortable and ergonomic.
- Low impedance (55 Ohms) to achieve very good performance with a portable player.