Augmenting a high-current amplification, multi-technology network platform, and class-topping 3D audio coverage, these functions work at the hardware level, shutting down circuitries that aren’t needed to give you the edge in clarity. These modes are sure to impress audiophiles, yet the seamless UI and voice operability opens the TX-RZ3400 up for anyone in your family. Whether your room needs more power or you’re seeking the ultimate in sound, functionality, and flexibility, the TX-RZ3400 is your AV endgame.
- 260 W x 11-channel THX® Certified Ultra™ DAA system
- Supports 7.2.4-ch Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® playback
- Works with Alexa*1 and the Google Assistant
- IMAX® Enhanced for IMAX® digitally remastered content
- 7 HDMI® inputs (1 front) and 3 outputs (all HDCP 2.3 compliant)
- AccuEQ ADVANCE PLUS multipoint room-acoustic calibration
- Cinema Dedicated Mode and Cinema Dedicated Net Off Mode
- Discrete Audio Path Mode shuts down HDMI output when receiving audio signals from BD player with dual HDMI outputs
- Quad-core SoC supporting 802.11ac (2×2 MIMO) Wi-Fi®*2
- New self-illuminating backlit remote control
- AccuEQ ADVANCE PLUS 9-point room-acoustic calibration with AccuReflex™, EQ selections, and high-frequency calibration
- Cinema Dedicated Mode shuts down network module clock, and Cinema Dedicated Net Off Mode the module’s power supply, to suppress noise and enhance soundtrack clarity
- Discrete Audio Path Mode shuts down HDMI output when connected to BD player with dual HDMI outputs, reducing noise
- eARC over HDMI transmits 3D audio formats from compatible TVs to the AVR
- 3 x HDMI outputs enable connection of main TV display, home cinema projector, and Zone 2 display*3
- Supports Roon via Chromecast built-in
- DSP-based Vocal Enhancer clarifies dialog via remote control
- Media In/Out data display enables confirmation of playback settings in-program for optimal performance
- Switch playback from Front L/R to Height, Surround, or Surround Back for ambient listening in Stereo Assign Mode
- 260 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 channel driven), 215 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 channel driven, IEC)
- High-Current Digital DAA (Dynamic Audio Amplification) System
- THX Certified Ultra for cinema reference sound
- Ultra-wide 5 Hz–100 kHz frequency response
- Custom High-Current Low-Noise Power Transformer, separate standby transformer, and customized high-current smoothing capacitors
- High instantaneous current to drive 4-ohm loads through 11 channels
- Extruded aluminum heat-sink with heat-dissipating alumite coating
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry elevates signal above amp noise floor
- Separate digital and analog circuitry and isolated SoC board
- Bi-amp Front L/R speakers (outputs shared with Zone 3/Height 1)
- Pre-amp mode for external power-amp connection
- HDMI board with large grounds and short signal-paths to reduce noise
- AKM 768 kHz/32-bit stereo DAC (AK4490) for Front L/R channels
- Discrete 384 kHz/32-bit stereo DACs for Zone 2 and Zone 3 audio
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) filtering technology (all channels)
- PLL (Phase-Locked Loop) anti-jitter technology for SPDIF audio
- Tone controls for all channels (except Zone 3)
- Pure Audio Mode and Direct Mode for source-authentic audio
VIDEO & AUDIO SUPPORT
- HDMI supports HDCP 2.3, 4K/60p, HDR (Dolby Vision™, HDR10, HLG), BT.2020, 4:4:4/24-bit, 3D Video, eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), ARC, DeepColor™, x.v.Color, and LipSync
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby® TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio® decoding
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer 3D processing technology
- Dolby Surround® and DTS® Neural:X upmixing suites
- IMAX Mode for IMAX Enhanced content
- THX® listening modes for movies, music, and games
- Sound optimization for games (Rock, Sports, Action, RPG)
- 1080p to 4K Super Resolution video upscaling via HDMI
- SACD playback via HDMI (5.6 MHz stereo, 2.8 MHz multichannel)
NETWORK AUDIO & CONTROL
- Chromecast built-in supports multi-room audio streaming with voice control via Google Assistant enabled devices
- Works with Alexa (future firmware update required)
- AirPlay 2 for multi-room audio streaming with voice control via Siri enabled devices
- Works with Sonos certified for the Sonos Home Sound System*4
- DTS Play-Fi® multi-room audio via Onkyo Music Control App*5
- FlareConnect™ multi-zone audio with compatible components*6
- Integrates Spotify®, TIDAL, TuneIn, Amazon Music, and Deezer*7
- Supports DLNA® and network Hi-Res Audio playback in DSD Direct 11.2 MHz; DSD256/128/64 (converted to PCM); FLAC, WAV (RIFF), and AIFF to 192 kHz/24-bit; and ALAC to 96 kHz/24-bit*8
- Works with Onkyo Controller remote streaming app for iPhone, iPad, and Android™*5
- Quad-core SoC supports high-speed 802.11ac (2×2 MIMO) Wi-Fi
- Bi-directional Ethernet enables PC setup, IP control, and home automation
- 7 HDMI inputs (1 front) and 3 outputs (Main, Sub, Zone 2)
- 2 component video inputs (assignable, switching)
- 2 composite video inputs (assignable)
- 5 digital audio inputs (3 optical and 2 coaxial, assignable)
- 6 analog RCA audio inputs (assignable)
- Phono input with MM equalizer for turntable connection
- 11.2 multichannel pre-outs for external amp connection
- 6.3 mm headphone output (front)
- 3.5 mm input for setup mic connection (front)
- Zone 2 pre-/line-out/Zone B line-out and Zone 3 pre-/line-out
- 2 subwoofer pre-outs
- 11 high-quality transparent screw-type speaker terminals
- USB input (5 V/1 A, rear) for audio or power-supply (including standby)
- 12 V trigger out (12 V/100 mA, assignable), RS232 serial port, and IR input
- AC inlet for detachable IEC-compliant power cord
- Aluminum front panel, volume control, and flap door
- Bluetooth® wireless technology with Wake on Play
- Advanced Music Optimizer to improve compressed audio playback quality
- GUI with overlaid OSD via HDMI featuring Quick Menu and transparent media input/output display
- Distributes single or multiple amplified audio sources via Zone 2 and Zone 3 outputs, including HDMI and SPDIF*9
- Shares unamplified signals to powered speakers or hi-fi systems via Zone 2 and Zone 3 pre-/line-outs, including HDMI and SPDIF*9
- Zone B line-out mode ideal for sharing any audio input source to a wireless headphone dock with analog audio input*10
- Crossover adjustment for each channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (up to 500 ms in 5 ms steps at 48 kHz)
- 3-Mode display dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/RDS and AM random presets with station naming
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- Optional rack-mounting kit (IRK-180-4C)
Unparalleled 3D cinema sound
Your conception of 3D audio will shatter as our 11-ch monster shapes a seamless sound world in your room. No other A/V receiver has the current, dynamics, or finesse to render Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® formats with this level of realism. Pairs of in-ceiling speakers join seven horizontal speakers to free sound from the screen and let it move all around your audience.
Onkyo Digital DAA with THX® Certified Ultra™
Every circuit, component, and part that makes up the TX-RZ3400 is pushed beyond the limit at THX® labs, where it passed 2,000 bench-tests in 75 categories to gain THX Certified Ultra certification. Cinema-reference sound-pressure levels within THX quality standards are guaranteed in rooms where the screen-to-seat distance is 3.5 m or more.
Introducing IMAX® Enhanced
This receiver is released under the IMAX Enhanced program, which features DTS:X immersive audio decoding optimized to reproduce the full dynamic range of IMAX theatrical sound mixes available in digitally re-mastered IMAX Enhanced content. The IMAX Mode reproduces lMAX Enhanced content at the highest levels, just as the filmmakers intended.
Dynamic high-current amplification
Digital DAA combines high current amplification technology and sophisticated noise-suppressing output filtering. Massive customized low-hum transformer and custom capacitors support lightning-fast dynamics, maintaining composure at high volume with all channels driven. The transparent detail resolution and fluid, soulful expression of this design has been acclaimed by experienced enthusiasts and professional installers all over the world.
Unique noise-reduction technologies
Other measures are deployed to improve S/N performance. HDMI® board has short signal-paths and well-finished grounds for clean potential. The SoC is isolated to reduce interference on audio signals. VLSC™ output-filter circuits on every channel, meanwhile, erase high-frequency pulse-modulation noise.
Sound mapping and upmixing by Dolby® and DTS®
In addition to native Dolby Atmos and DTS:X decoding, the DTS Neural:X™ upmixer can retrieve spatial cues from legacy formats for 3D playback. Dolby Surround® also enables a more immersive listening experience by multiplexing conventional Dolby sound formats for playback through 3D speaker layouts.
New cinema modes for clearer sound
Two exclusive modes debut on the TX-RZ3400. Cinema Dedicated Mode or Cinema Dedicated Net Off Mode can be selected before watching a film. The former turns off the network module clock, reducing interference, while the latter shuts off its power supply, virtually eliminating module noise on occasions when crystal-clear movie sound takes priority over network connectivity.
Discrete Audio Path Mode for selected BD players
Discrete Audio Path Mode works with BD players that can separate the source’s video and audio streams and transmit them to the TV and A/V receiver via discrete HDMI outputs. Since the receiver’s HDMI output circuitry isn’t needed, it’s powered off to eliminate electrical interference and improve overall soundtrack clarity. These functions are easily enabled or disabled using Quick Menu accessed via remote control.
Clarify voice dialog instantly
Vocal Enhancer resolves inaudible dialog in TV programs and movies. DSP technology identifies vocal frequencies so you can adjust them using easy remote-control keys.
AccuEQ ADVANCE PLUS with AccuReflex™
AccuEQ ADVANCE PLUS room acoustic calibration expands AccuEQ Advance 9-point measurement and standing-wave-removal technology with more choice and a new high-frequency sound correction function. You can apply EQ to all channels according to system measurements; exclude the front channels; or use EQ levels applied to the Front L/R channels on other speakers. Tailored to your taste, you can now enjoy the same cohesive sound of an acoustically treated listening room at home. AccuEQ includes AccuReflex, which aligns the phase of directional and non-directional sound for a clear and comfortable 3D soundfield.
Integrated streaming services and remote app
Stream and control endless music, audiobooks, internet radio and more via Amazon Music, Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn from Onkyo Controller remote streaming app, along with music stored on your device, PC, or server.
Works with Alexa
Alexa lets you use your voice to control TX-RZ3400 by directing your requests through an Alexa-enabled device. Just ask your Alexa-enabled device, such as an Amazon Echo, to play, pause, and skip titles or control the volume. You can enjoy music playback via Amazon Music and make selections by song title, artist name, release year, or genre.
Note: Requires a future firmware update.
Chromecast built-in with the Google Assistant
Stream any music from your smartphone, laptop, or PC to the receiver with ease. Control playback with Chromecast-enabled apps you know and love from your Android phone or tablet, Chromebook, Windows® PC, or iPhone, iPad, or Mac. If you have a device with the Google Assistant, you can find, play, and control music through this and other supported components just by using your voice.
AirPlay 2 with Siri voice control
AirPlay is an Apple technology designed to control home audio systems and speakers in any room — with a tap or by just asking Siri — right from iPhone, iPad, HomePod, or Apple TV.
Works with Sonos
The TX-RZ3400 can join your Sonos Home Sound System: just pair it with a Sonos Connect. The receiver wakes, changes inputs, and plays your music on command from the Sonos Controller app.
Sonos Connect sold separately. A firmware update is required to enable volume control (Volume Pass Through) when controlling this receiver with Sonos app.
HDCP 2.3 compliant HDMI inputs and outputs
All HDMI terminals support HDCP 2.3, 4K/60p, HDR (HLG, Dolby Vision™, HDR10), and BT.2020. All three outputs can simultaneously play the same source. Main and Sub transmit the same signal from any HDMI input. Zone 2 can play a different signal (inputs 1–3 only) than Main/Sub at the same time.
Roon transforms your music-browsing experience. Artist photos, reviews, lyrics, and more connect in a surfable magazine about your collection. Links between your files and music on TIDAL guide new discoveries. Roon is a multi-room platform supporting bit-perfect playback, DSD and PCM upsampling, multichannel playback, and Signal Path Display. It plays to Roon Ready, AirPlay, Sonos, and Meridian enabled devices controlled from Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad, and Android. Certified under the Roon Tested program, the TX-RZ3400 appears in Signal Path Display and Zone Selector; is identified by logos; and has links to product documentation.
Fast SoC supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi®
A quad-core SoC (System on a Chip) processes multiple tasks at once. It evolves network functions and supports high-speed 802.11ac (2×2 MIMO) Wi-Fi specification.
New self-illuminating backlit remote control
The TX-RZ3400 ships with a beautifully designed simple remote with automatic backlighting. This function is invaluable for making in-program adjustments when the room is dark.