- Engineered and extensively tuned by a team led by Ken Ishiwata, drawing on more than 35 years of Marantz expertise in CD players
- In-house-developed SACD/CD mechanism “SACDM-3”, designed purely for audio
- SACD/CD playback, and playback of compilations on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM
- Asynchronous USB input for hi-res audio up to PCM / DXD 384kHz/32 bit and DSD11.2MHz
- Isolation of USB and digital inputs to block noise from internal and external sources
- Innovative Marantz Musical Mastering ‘MMM-Stream’ upsampling to DSD and filtering
- Custom-designed 1-bit direct ‘MMM – Conversion’ from DSD to analogue
- New analogue output stage with Marantz HDAM-SA3 and HDAM-SA2 technology and low impedance output
- Power supply using toroidal transformer
- Dedicated headphone amplifier with alldiscrete construction featuring HDAM-SA2
- Laser-engraved ‘Ken Ishiwata’ signature and Ruby motif, marking Ken Ishiwata’s 40 years with Marantz
The Premium Build
The SA-KI Ruby features a new disc mechanism, developed by Marantz engineers, purely for audio: the SACD-M3. It is able to play SACDs, CDs, and compilations on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. The SA’s sophisticated yet clean design holds a generous power supply using a toroidal transformer, isolated digital inputs, and a high-quality analogue output stage with Marantz HDAMs.
The Filtering and Processing
The SA-KI Ruby also has an asynchronous USB input, able to handle formats all the way up to PCM / DXD 384Hz/32bit and DSD11.2MHz, and handles all digital music with a unique Marantz Musical Mastering technology.
The SA-KI Ruby uses the unique Marantz Musical Mastering technology: all digital files are upconverted to a single-bit datastream using the proprietary MMM-Stream converter within the player, and then the high-frequency signal produced is processed by the unique MMM-Conversion stage, used in place of a conventional DAC, to produce the analogue output.
Laser Engraved Signature
Marantz has been designing and making superior CD players for more than 35 years. Many of these products reflect the expertise of Ken Ishiwata.
Now, to mark his four decades with the company, the SA-KI Ruby CD player has been developed and tuned by a highly experienced engineering team led by KI himself. And it arrives bearing Ken Ishiwata’s signature and a special Ruby motif.
At the heart of the SA-KI Ruby is an innovative new SACDM-3 transport mechanism, engineered solely for the best possible performance when playing SA-CDs, CDs and music stored on data discs. This new mechanism promises exceptional sound quality from conventional CD and SA-CD discs and allows listeners to create their own high-resolution audio compilation discs using a computer DVD burner. The SA-KI Ruby supports FLAC files from 44.1kHz to 192kHz at up to 24-bit resolution, DSD2.8MHz and DSD 5.6MHz, ALAC (Apple Lossless), AIFF and MP3 files. Creating and playing hi-res disc compilations is as simple as it is enjoyable.