The CD Box DS2 T has been designed specially as a pure audio CD transport, adhering closely to the Red Book standard for bit-perfect conversion by a connected high-quality Digital-Analogue Converter.
Internally, the CD drive is mounted in a torsion-resistant cabinet, for added durability and smooth playback. Similarly, the Blue Tiger servo system from Stream Unlimited allows for real-time scanning with minimal jitter. Externally, the CD Box DS2 T benefits from a luxury slot mechanism, a high-contrast dot-matrix display and clearly-labelled controls.
The CD Box DS2 T was designed as a transport due to the increasing popularity of external DACs in hi-fi systems. By separating out the transport and conversion stages into different specialist products, the best possible sound-performance can be achieved.
- Excellent 4-layer suspended CD transport
- Three digital outputs (Optical, S/PDIF Co-axial and AES/EBU) connection to an external D/A converter is mandatory for audio listening
- Blue tiger servo board for 1:1 CD playback
- Luxurious slot-in mechanism
- DC power supply (<1 watt standby power consumption)
- High contrast dot-matrix display
- Trigger in and output
- Solid cabinet protects against vibration and interference
- Available in various finish options (read our FAQ)