The NEO iDSD is a balanced USB and Bluetooth DAC/amplifier.
The NEO iDSD can handle PCM data to 32-bit/768kHz, all levels of DSD up to DSD512, and single- and double-speed DXD. As with iFi’s latest designs, PCM and DSD take separate pathways enabling DSD, as well as PCM, to remain ‘bit-perfect’ in its native form right through to analogue conversion. Additionally, MQA is also supported through the USB, and S/PDIF inputs, with full ‘three-unfold’ of MQA files up to 384kHz.
Thanks to Qualcomm’s QCC5100 Bluetooth processing IC, Bluetooth 5 is on-board with the NEO iDSD’s DAC stage easily able to cope with the sampling rates of the current crop of 24-bit-capable codecs – aptX Adaptive and aptX HD support up to 48kHz, while LDAC and LHDC reach 96kHz. AAC, aptX Low Latency, and SBC (the standard Bluetooth codec) are also catered for. The NEO iDSD ‘remembers’ up to seven paired Bluetooth source devices, making it easy to switch from one device to another.
Balanced, differential analogue circuit design has long been championed for its ability to reduce noise and cross-talk within the signal path by fully separating the left and right channels. iFi has gradually introduced fully balanced circuit design across its range – first in the flagship Pro Series components, then in the entry-level ZEN Series devices.
- First DAC to support all Hi-Res: DSD512, PCM768, MQA384kHz and Bluetooth 96kHz.
- Completely purist design without any DSP.
- Bluetooth 5.0 (aptx, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, HWA/LHDC, AAC and SBC) up to
- Fully-balanced differential DAC/amplifer with >1,040mW output.
- Ultra-fast USB interface with 16 logic cores and up to 2000MIPS 512KB SRAM.
- Audiophile-grade components designed to reproduce music without any distortion or
- Native DSD/PCM Burr-Brown® 4-channel DAC chipset.
- Perfectly natural sound pleasing even the most demanding audio connoisseurs with the built-in MQA file decoding.
- Extremely low THD: <0.0015 % and ultra-high SNR: >120 dB.
- Digital inputs: USB3.0 B (USB2.0 compatible)/S-PDIF (coaxial/optical)/Bluetooth 5.0 .