The DAC Box RS2 features a very sophisticated digital stage, with a dual-mono configuration of the high-class ESS Sabre ESS9038Q2M DAC chips, featuring upsampling technology. Unlike most other designs, it boasts dual DAC chips and separate signal paths for the left and right channels. This allows for the finest conversion possible and support for digital transmission up-to 32-bit / 768kHz PCM and DSD512 over USB. There’s also full authorisation and hardware/software support for Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) audio files, and Roon Tested certification for quick integration into a Roon-based system. To handle all this complexity, the DAC Box RS2’s USB input is processed by a powerful multi-core XMOS microcontroller with advanced Multi-Core RISC architecture. The CPLD MAX II (Complex Programmable Logic Device) Altera is used for re-clocking, which together with the XMOS microcontroller brings high-quality processing of both traditional and MQA source material.
In addition to the extensive USB options, the DAC Box RS2 can also connect directly to the matching CD Box RS2 T via a proprietary HDMI connection that carries I²S and the master clock (16,9344 MHz) signal. There are also additional optical, coaxial, AES/EBU, and wireless Bluetooth (v4.0) digital connections to take care of all other possible sources, including a smartphone or tablet.
For sound personalisation, the DAC Box RS2 offers a switchable solid-state / 6922 tube output stage. Then there are also eight (8) digital filters, including a proprietary optimal transient digital filter designed by the creators of MQA, for further customisation of the end performance.
For ease of use, the DAC Box RS2 is equipped with a large LCD display that matches the CD Box RS2 T design. Control is best achieved with the supplied aluminium IR remote, where the extensive setting options menu can be navigated with ease to fully personalise your experience. The DAC Box RS2 is a truly complete solution and is available in high-quality aluminium black or silver finish.
- Luxury DAC with full MQA support
- Dual Mono ESS Sabre DAC chip configuration
- Multiple digital inputs, including wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- Full MQA support over USB and when connected to a CD transport
- Roon Tested, for easy set-up in a Roon system
- Extensive digital filter options built-in
- Fully balanced dual-mono design for absolute audiophile performance
- Output stage switchable between 6922 tubes and solid-state signal paths
- Ultra-linear and ultra low noise design throughout
- New high-quality display with responsive and fast UI design
- Aluminium IR remote included