- Electrostatic energiser/DAC for Stax Electrostatic Earspeakers
- ESS ES9018 DAC coupled with ‘TI OPA1642’ ultra-low distortion op-amp to achieve bit correct signal representation
- XMOS USB interface supports DSD128 playback and PCM stream with up to 384KHz sample rate
- This high-performance DAC can be connected to a MAC / PC or a variety of digital audio sources
- Multiple digital inputs include USB, S/PDIF on RCA and Optical.
- Analog input is via RCA Analog sources can also be connected
- Amplifier circuitry based on discrete components – heritage from classical
- STAX amplifier product A useful VU meter is cleverly housed in the front of the display
- Standard STAX 5-Pin connector for all STAX headphones
The entire chassis is made from Aluminium reducing the effects of magnetic interference. The SRM-D50 features a one-piece wrap around the lid. This lid goes through several processes to achieve a smooth velvet feel. The Stax logo is engraved into the top of the lid.
On the digital side, the SRM-D50 uses an XMOS USB interface support for DSD 5.6MHz signal playback and PCM audio with up to 384KHz sample rate.
On the digital conversion side, Stax chose to use the ESS ES9018 DAC. Renowned for its superb sound quality, the ES9018 is then fed to a ‘TI OPA1642’ ultra-low distortion op-amp to ensure the delicate bitstream remains unaltered.
Multiple input selection
The SRM-D50 features three digital inputs: USB, S/PDIF on RCA and Optical. Analog input is via RCA.
The srm-d50 is a new generation electrostatic energiser
It allows multiple source selection, including high-resolution USB audio interface, S/PDIF and optical connection. This is coupled with a traditional analogue connection. Overall the SRM-D50 is a combination of modern aesthetic design, high-quality digital signal processing and the values of traditional Stax craftsmanship.