Pro-Ject Head Box DS2 B Headphone Amplifier
This is a fully balanced superior headphone amplifier by Pro-Ject boasting sufficient power to drive any headphones along with balanced and unbalanced output options.
Pro-Ject Head Box DS2 B Headphone Amplifier is fully balanced, designed to get the very best performance from any high-end headphone and marking a real step-up in performance compared to previous models.
Affordable yet High End
While the headphone market has improved notably in recent years, with many technological advances that have improved the sound ability of models across the price spectrum, headphone amplifiers have largely lagged behind, save for a few high-end designs. The Head Box DS2 B enters as an affordable high-end offering, promising to drive almost any set of headphones.
The high maximum output of the Head Box DS2 B (1100mW into 33Ω) means it will drive almost anything, even the more complicated planar magnetic designs. However, to ensure wide compatibility there are three different current settings and four different gain settings available on the front panel. There’s also the option to connect both balanced (4-Pin XLR) and unbalanced (6.3mm jack) headphone cables.
Dual Mono Configuration
Internally the Head Box DS2 B is laid out in dual-mono configuration, complete with a phase inverter to convert any unbalanced signal to a balanced one immediately at the input stage. For accurate reproduction, the premium TPA6120A2 amplifier chip from Texas Instruments has been used. The result is a clear and accurate, yet inviting, soundstage with rich details and a silent noise floor.
– Dedicated headphone pre-amplifier
– Delivers enough power to drive demanding headphones
– Dual-mono design principle
– Four gain settings to match any headphone
– Three current settings to deliver optimal sonic performance
– Balanced (XLR) and Unbalanced (6.3mm jack) headphone connections
– Both outputs can be used simultaneously
– Phase-inverter built-in to convert unbalanced signals
– Power stage built around two TPA6120A2 chips
– Blue ALPS volume pot for smooth, accurate control
– Solid build with stylish wooden side panels