A concentric midrange/tweeter array provides clarity
One of the design elements that makes this speaker — and ELAC’s entire Uni-Fi 2.0 lineup — so special is the concentric driver array (shown in the center of the front baffle on the UC52). It places the tweeter in the middle of the midrange driver, a precise alignment that creates a “unified source,” ensuring that all frequencies arrive at your ears at the same instant, for more coherent and accurate sound.
What’s new with version 2.0?
The Uni-Fi 2.0 Series features all-new drivers. The UC52’s 1″ soft-dome tweeter produces better high- and low-frequency extension than the previous Uni-Fi models, for improved blending with the newly designed 4″ aluminum midrange. And each of its dual 5-1/4″ aluminum woofers sports a dished cone made from a single piece of aluminum, for better stiffness. The new cones, oversized magnets, and large-diameter voice coils allow improved bass accuracy and dynamics.
New crossovers help lighten the load on your amp
The driver updates, along with a newly redesigned crossover, make the Uni-Fi 2.0 Series easier for your amplifier to drive than ELAC’s earlier generation of Uni-Fi models. The UC52 has a nominal impedance rating of 6 ohms instead of 4 ohms, which means it should work better with a wider range of receivers and amps.
Most speakers don’t include any. Read our article about choosing and installing speaker wire.
- true 3-way center channel speaker design
- voice-matched to ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 UB52 and UF52 speakers
- custom-designed 1″ soft dome tweeter concentrically mounted in a 4″ aluminum cone midrange
- two newly designed 5-1/4″ woofers with dished aluminum cones
- frequency response: 48-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- maximum power input: 140 watts
- sophisticated crossover ensures linear response and smooth transition between drivers
- bass-reflex cabinet design with front-firing ports
- thick MDF enclosures with internal bracing reduces cabinet vibration that causes unwanted sonic coloration
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- removable cloth grille
- black brushed vinyl finish
- 24-7/16″W x 7-5/16″H x 10-7/8″D
- weight: 25.74 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # UC52-BK