The VELA FS 408 woofers are equipped with powerful magnet systems and feature a long-stroke design. This combination allows for breathtaking performance in the low-frequency range while the integrated AS -XR technology ensures the highest accuracy in mid-frequency range reproduction. As always within the VELA line, the JET5 tweeter completes the driver setup with its ease in performing and the capability to present the airband.
The superior output of VELA FS 408 in the low-frequency range is an update to the great performing VELA FS 407. The narrowed dispersion in midrange however differs from the one of VELA FS 409 offering more choices to find the perfect match in terms of room acoustics and personal taste.
The Benefits of Vela Design
• Crystal membrane woofer with an extended frequency range
• Jet 5 tweeter offering a wide dynamic range
• Bi-wiring configuration to enhance midrange
• Die cast bottom plate with an integrated double-flanged super silent down-firing bass reflex port
• Convex baffle shape reducing reflections
Elac Jet Technology
• Elac’s Jet tweeter is one of the most legendary tweeters in our industry; having been honored with many accolades for transparency and sound image.
• Linear frequency response > 50kHz
• Extended lower frequency range ~ 400 Hz
• Ultra-fast transient response – detail resolution
• Cope with ultra-high harmonics – adding some of the air and sense of space
• Designed and manufactured by Elac in Kiel, Germany
Elac AS-XR Technology
• Aluminum Sandwich Membrane with Extended Frequency Range (AS-XR)
• Extended frequency response and increased stability
• Increased stiffness• Smooth roll off
• Excellent large signal behaviour
• The crystal-shaped aluminum cone is joined to the paper cone in a special gluing process to result in the desired sandwich construction.
• Resembling the surface of a large crystal, the aluminum-foil stamping stiffens the aluminum cone, diminishing resonances and minimizing coloration, while improving power handling and dynamics
• Vanishing Point
• Minimal front baffle visual impact
• Eliminating the visual of a front port
• Integrating luxury material and finishes and highlighting their use
• Strength and beauty
• Moving away from square lines and maintaining tradition
• Simple lines minimizing visual complexity
• Slight tilt to give the illusion of eye contact creating personal connection between you and the speaker.