Slimline in-ceiling speaker with a 6.5in woofer
Whether you’re installing overhead speakers for a Dolby ATMOS system in a fancy home-cinema room, or you’re specifying a distributed audio system for bedrooms, the kitchen and so on, you need to know your speakers are up to the job. And in these systems, consistency is crucial. The P4-C65 is slim enough to fit into cavities as little as 72mm deep, so even if you’re dealing with varying spaces between rooms, you can ensure that the audio delivery is identical across the whole installation. The frame fits in place using ingeniously simple doglegs, which simply squeeze onto the drywall material by hand. Then the speaker simply twists and locks into place. You can do it one-handed – a reassuring thought when you’re standing on top of a high stepladder. And you don’t even need any tools.
The P4-C65 uses a soft-dome tweeter, along with a 6.5in MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer) woofer – materials and technologies you’ll find in our high-end home, pro and car systems. The tweeter can also be adjusted to compensate for room character; -3dB, 0dB and +3dB settings are available.
The paintable magnetic grille completes the picture, helping the speaker blend into the room – so it’s only heard, not seen.
- Type: 2-way in-ceiling
- Drivers: Tweeter: 28 mm (1 in)
- Mid/bass: 165 mm (61⁄2 in)
- Frequency response (+/- 3 dB): 46 Hz–20 kHz
- Impedance (nominal/minimum): 8 Ω /5 Ω
- Sensitivity (dB SPL [2.83 V/1 m]): 87.5 dB
- Continuous power*: 40 W
- Long term power*: 80 W
- Tweeter level options: -3 dB, 0 dB, +3 dB
- Tweeter orientation: Pivoting 360*
- Dimensions/depth: Ø 232 mm / 72 mm (9 1⁄8 in / 2 3⁄4 in)
- Cut-out dimensions: Ø 210 mm (8 1⁄4 in)