Slimline in-ceiling speaker with a 6.5in woofer and dual voice-coil tweeter
If you need to install a stereo set-up into a space too tight for two speakers, you’ll naturally turn to a DVC (dual voice-coil) set-up. But what if the space is tight depth-wise too?
Either you have to modify the ceiling itself (probably not an option), or you have to compromise by using a shallow version of an existing speaker (which could have implications for audio presentation).
The P4-DVC65 provides a third option: no-compromise stereo sound-quality in a chassis that will fit cavities as little as 76mm deep. Installation is as easy as introducing the frame to the hole and letting them get to know each other by clamping the doglegs onto the drywall. Then simply twist and lock the speaker into place. You don’t need tools, and you can do it with one hand (which you might be grateful for if you’re jammed up against the ceiling on top of a ladder).
The speaker uses MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer) in its 6.5in woofer, and a coated soft-dome diaphragm in its 28mm tweeter. They’re both technologies we’ve used for decades in some of our most legendary speakers – so you know you’re getting the best there is.
Final finishing is quick and simple, too, thanks to the paintable magnetic grille. Just match the colour to the room, then let it snap itself in place. Job done.
- Type: 2-way in-ceiling
- Drivers: 2x tweeter: 28 mm (1 in)
- Mid/bass: 165 mm (6 1⁄2 in)
- Frequency response (+/- 3 dB): 46 Hz–20 kHz
- Impedance (nominal/minimum): 2x 4 Ω / 2x 3.2 Ω
- Sensitivity (dB SPL [2.83 V/1 m]): 87.5 dB
- Continuous power: 2x 20 W
- Long term power: 2x 40 W
- Tweeter level options: -3 dB, 0 dB
- Tweeter orientation: Fixed
- Dimensions/depth: Ø 232 mm / 76 mm / 9 1⁄8 in / 2 3⁄4 in
- Cut-out dimensions: Ø 210 mm (8 1⁄4 in)