Internally, the Phono Box RS uses only the finest available components throughout in dual-mono configuration – like the SSM2019 pre-amplifier module from Analog Devices on the input stages, and Linear Technology’s LT1010 as a high current buffer stage – which allows for a very clean sound, free of unwanted noise. The Phono Box RS is then connected into a system via either RCA or XLR connectors, making it one of the most affordable high-end balanced phono stages on the market. Due to the very low output impedance of the phono stage, it is easy to pair with a wide variety of quality cables.
For cartridge matching, there is an extensive list of settings adjustment available. On top of the usual Gain and Capacitance adjustments, the Phono Box RS boasts a fully adjustable dial for attenuating the Input Impedance. This allows for perfect matching with any Moving Coil cartridge on the market, and it can even be adjusted during playback to tailor the sound perfectly to your preference. To further suit individual tastes, there is also an option to choose between fully-passive RIAA or DECCA equalisation curves.
With the Phono Box RS, vinyl playback will never have sounded as clear, detailed and smooth than with this superlative phono stage.
- MM and MC compatible phono stage
- Fully balanced dual-mono design
- Fully passive RIAA equalization & DECCA settings available
- Continuously variable input impedance setting
- Impedance dial can be adjusted during playback
- RCA / XLR In & Out
- Superior low-noise and low-distortion circuitry
- Elegant dip switch controls on the front panel
- Metal casing protects against vibration and interference
- Available with silver or black casework