The Phono Box S2 Ultra utilises a fully discrete electronic layout without the use of operational amplifiers (op-amps). Op-amps are commonly used in phono stages to increase the quiet sound from a pick-up cartridge to a level that modern amplifiers can use. However, by shifting away from that technology, Pro-Ject are able to produce a device with a warm, harmonious sound. In addition, the use of polystyrene capacitors makes the Phono Box S2 Ultra almost unique on the market, as such components are normally reserved for far more expensive products. Elsewhere, the split RIAA equalisation circuit enables pin-point accuracy of the RIAA curve and the introduction of a subsonic filter ensures your music sounds right in any environment.
The Phono Box S2 Ultra delivers a true audiophile sound performance that belies its small form and attractive price. With a sonic signature that delivers the full beauty of a vinyl record, it also remains easy to set up. With a series of dip-switches on the bottom of the solid metal casework, there are multiple settings for impedance (MC), capacitance (MM) and gain – so any modern Moving Magnet or Moving Coil cartridge is easy to accommodate.
- Audiophile phono stage in a compact chassis
- No Operational Amplifiers (op-amps) used
- Audiophile-grade polystyrene capacitors used inside
- Precise split RIAA equalisation
- Switchable Subsonic Filter
- Switchable input impedance, capacitance and gain
- Solid metal casing available in black or silver