The Speed Box S2 acts as an AC generator for the turntable, replacing the fluctuant supply from a normal 16V power supply and regulating it. The result is a clean power signal that allows the motor to perform optimally. The added convenience is that the Speed Box S2 can shift frequency, for easy changing between 33 and 45RPM at the push of a button.
Inside, the Speed Box S2 makes use of high-quality materials in the quartz-controlled oscillator and filter circuits. Externally it is stylish, compact and minimal – matching any other Box Design S2 Line component.
Connection is simple, as the Speed Box S2 is supplied with a link cable that plugs into your turntable instead of the normal power supply. There is also a wide range of compatibility (see below), and in some cases the Speed Box S can even add 78RPM compatibility, when partnered with a special Speed Box Pulley.
- Electronic speed change between 33 and 45RPM (see below)
- 78RPM also possible after fitting accessory pulley (see below)
- Replaces the existing 16V turntable power supply
- Quartz-generated high precision electronic speed regulation
- Creates a cleaner AC mains signal for your turntable
- Allows the motor to run more efficiently and with less resonance