The 12CC Evolution is based around a large, conical carbon fibre arm tube with integrated headshell. The one-piece design allows for minimal resonance, with the conical shape avoiding the potential for standing wave reflections. The arm tube is further designed to draw resonances away from the cartridge and into the heavy metal block, which surrounds the gimble bearing. This simple but efficient design protects the musical signal from any unwanted mechanical interference.
The gimble bearing assembly uses four ABEC7 specification ball-races, for optimal flexibility and minimal resistance. The result is a tonearm that can smoothly trace the record groove.
Behind the bearing assembly, the counterweight rod is lowered to reduce the force exerted on a cartidge during the playback of warped records, which can produce un-wanted dynamic ‘Wow’. The counterweight itself is lined with a Thermo-Plastic Elastomer (TPE) compound, to eliminate resonances at the back of the tonearm.
For accurate set-up of the attached cartridge, VTA and azimuth adjustment are easily accessible on the tonearm.
The 12CC Evolution is a true high-end tonearm, and is capable of being partnered with some very high-end turntables. Its solid, reliable build combines with audiophile-grade features to provide a complete tonearm solution.
- Premium tonearm with one-piece arm tube fashioned from carbon fibre
- Conical arm tube avoids standing wave reflections
- Inverted bearing design with four ABEC7 ballraces
- Gimble bearing has solid metal block housing to avoid resonance
- TPE-damped counterweight eliminates unwanted resonances
- Lowered counterweight rod, for improved tracking of warped records
- Solid arm base allows for VTA adjustments
- Single-screw fixing on the armtube allows for easy azimuth adjustment
- Silicone-damped tonearm lift can be height-adjusted to suit
- High-quality, flexible internal wiring
- Linn geometry