The RPM 1 Carbon design has been upgraded to significantly reduce resonances across the turntable. While retaining the instantly recognisable shape of the Genie, this turntable still boasts improvements in the tonearm, bearing, and motor.
The new tonearm is a carbon fibre/aluminium resin construct, made using special heat and pressure treatments. The result of this new design is a tonearm that is more solid and anti-resonant than ever before at this price, while maintaining a light weight for improved cartridge tracking. The RPM 1 Carbon tonearm is supplied with a pre-fitted Ortofon 2M Red cartridge and a new magnetic anti-skate mechanism. The improved counterweight also utilises TPE damping in the form of an anti-resonant ring around the fixing point.
The completely decoupled motor is based upon the same technical design as the Debut Carbon DC, running off an AC generator that’s powered by an external DC power supply. As with the RP M 1.3 Genie, the RPM 1 Carbon motor drives a thick, high-gloss MDF platter. The platter’s inverted main bearing now utilises a ceramic ball, offering a more fluid and consistent platter rotation than ever before.
Available in Red, White or Black high gloss finishes, the RPM 1 Carbon is a turntable package that offers truly phenomenal value for money.
- Precision belt drive using synchronous motor
- Ultra-precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Platter made from MDF using felt mat
- 8,6” S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminium, resin utilising special heat and pressure treatments
- Magnetic anti-skating
- Counterweight with TPE damping
- Pre-fitted Ortofon 2M Red cartridge