This intuitive single button control provides Start/Stop and Speed-Change control for the motor for effortless changing between 33 and 45 RPM. The included additional drive belt also allows for 78 RPM rotation, when placed around the larger rung of the pulley.
As well as providing convenience, the speed generator also controls the performance of the motor, ensuring minimal noise and resonance is generated and transferred to the turntable. This design focus on minimal interference is carried through into the two-plinth design, where Thermo Plastic Elastomer (TPE) suspension balls decouple the main bearing and the tonearm from the motor.
The platter configuration of The Classic SB SuperPack is the same as the original, with a hidden sub-platter driving the special aluminium main platter. However, the SuperPack includes an upgraded Leather-IT platter mat, rather than a standard felt design. Leather offers improved characteristics when compared to felt, and when used on The Classic opens up a more musical, engaging sound performance. This is then further improved by the included Clamp-IT record clamp. Record clamps are a popular accessory amongst modern vinyl enthusiasts, reducing record slip during playback and tightening up the bass performance with greater control and clarity.
The Classic SB SuperPack also boasts the same tonearm as the original model. The Classic Tonearm uses a one-piece conical tube made from aluminium, wrapped in a layer of carbon fibre. The carbon fibre keeps the tonearm light and stiff, while the aluminium adds improved damping and grounding. The bearing assembly is precision engineered, and includes a new bottom bearing that facilitates a much freer movement of the tonearm. The striking new nickel-finished counterweight is also TPE-damped, for improved performance.
The ability of The Classic Tonearm is so high, that The Classic SB SuperPack is supplied with an Ortofon Quintlet Red Moving Coil cartridge. Offering a vastly improved performance compared to the original model’s 2M Silver cartridge, the Quintet Red is a well-rounded performer that works impressively across musical genres.
Finally, The Classic SB SuperPack is also supplied with upgraded RCA cables. The Pro-Ject Connect-IT CC RCA are designed for high-end turntable use – offering optimal signal transfer and shielding technology, to effectively reduce noise and maintain the original audio signal’s integrity.
In all other aspects The Classic SB SuperPack is the same as The Classic, benefiting from the advanced technologies that have made Pro-Ject Audio Systems a leader in the vinyl hi-fi market. The Classic SB SuperPack is a one-stop high-end solution for music enthusiasts who liked the design and technology of the original but are looking for a complete, one-stop high-end solution.
The Classic and The Classic SB SuperPack turntables are available in Eucalyptus, Rosenut or Walnut finishes. They are supplied as standard with all necessary set-up tools and a fitted dust cover.
- Belt drive anniversary turntable with multi-plinth design
- In-built speed control for all 3 speeds out of the box (33, 45 and 78 rpm)
- MDF plinths (top plinth has metal layer ‘sandwich’ finish) separated by TPE suspension
- Includes Pro-Ject Clamp-IT and Pro-Ject Leather-IT
- Height adjustable decoupling feet
- Precision-balanced, TPE-damped aluminium main platter
- 9” carbon fibre/aluminium tonearm
- New tonearm bearing design with Japanese ball bearing (base of tonearm) and vertical cable outlet for unhindered arm movement
- Ultra low friction Zircon pin-point cardan tonearm bearings (top & side)
- Fully adjustable azimuth and VTA
- TPE-damped counterweight
- Supplied with Ortofon Quintet Red Moving Coil cartridge
- Classic wooden chassis in three matte finishes (Walnut, Rosenut, Eucalyptus)